Global Girls in London
June 27 – July 1, 2017
This 4 day London trip is only offered as an extension to the Global Girls in Paris trip. See below for information regarding highlights, what’s included and cost of trip.
Art & History Museums
- British Museum visit
- Tate Modern visit
Monuments & Historic Sites
- Buckingham Palace – Changing of the Guards
- Westminster Abbey visit
- Big Ben
- Tower of London visit – The Crown Jewels
- Tower Bridge visit
- Afternoon Tea
- Alice’s Adventure Underground – A critically acclaimed, interactive show.
- Thames River Cruise
- Southbank walk
- Borough Market
- Portobello Market – Known as the best street market in the world
- Walking tour of Soho in search of the ‘Seven Noses of Soho’
- The Roundhouse’s Young Creatives drop-in sessions – TBD
- Shopping (or window shopping)
- It wouldn’t be a trip to London without a stop at Harrods and Topshop’s flagship store at London’s Oxford Circle
- Shoreditch Street Art Tour
- Shakespeare Globe Theatre visit
- Oxford Circus
- Piccadilly Circus
After eight days of speaking French, the girls will be ready to speak ‘proper’ English. Although London is steeped in traditional history, it is one of the most, if not the most, diverse places I’ve ever seen. It’s a city where old and new, traditional and modern, British and diverse cultures blend effortlessly. We will experience these differences in the architecture, art, markets, transport, and the foods we eat. The London extension will be the perfect add-on to our Parisian experience.
Dates: June 27 – July 1, 2017
Small group: 13 girls maximum
Ages: 14 – 17
Extras: Spending money for personal shopping
Individual Travel Insurance
Early Bird Discount: $200 if Registered for both Paris & London before February 28, 2017
*Price may be subject to change based on cost of flight at time of booking.
*Price will not change once registered.
Global Girls in Paris
In London, we will have similar dining experiences as in Paris. Although British cuisine has been plagued with ridicule, London is, today, a culinary capital. Even across the Channel, bakeries are abundant serving anything from French pastries to traditional scones. Lunch will be just as spontaneous, finding great eateries along the way as well as finding all sorts of goodies at the markets we visit. Borough market is one of my favorite lunch spots. Dinners in London may reflect the multicultural influx of ethnic restaurants. It’s sure to be an adventure!
*If the traveler has any food allergies, be sure to note it on the Medical and Health Information form. http://www.travelswithtadji.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Medical-and-Health-Information.pdf
- 2 Full-Time Guides
- Roundtrip Flights from Miami -Chaperoned
- Chunnel tickets
- Airport Shuttle
- Underground/Tube Passes
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner (daily)
- All Museum & Monument Entrance Fees
- All Activities listed under ‘Highlights’
Still not your average ‘tour’. Although we have less days in London than in Paris, we always make every travel experience as authentic as possible. The girls will be enriched with an authentic cultural experience that will allow for serendipitous discoveries.
- Living like locals in a London apartment in the heart of the city.
- Daily excursions exploring the city on foot and by underground.
- Exploring the city’s museums, monuments, gardens, markets, famous department stores, and quirky neighborhoods
- Sampling the varied ethnic foods London has to offer
- Exploring China Town
- Rummaging through stalls at the markets for unique finds